This list was created because after talking to my friend one day she laughed when she told me to text her and then remembered I can’t text on my phone. We were laughing about what an “old lady” I am – which led me to think of other ways I’m different from other people our age. Hence, this list:
1. I’m married.
2. I own my own home (okay well technically the bank owns about 75% of still).
3. I have a 9-month old.
4. I got engaged when I was 20 and married at 21 (I had already graduated; my birthday’s in December).
5. My cellphone? A trackfone from Target.
6. I don’t text. Ever. (This is partially because if I combined texting with Facebook, I don’t see how I would have time to do anything!)
7. I also don’t tweet (although I have a Twitter account, you know, just in case).
8. We don’t have cable (I watch all my shows on the internet).
9. We don’t have any car loans.
10. Which explains why I drive a super-hot, super envy-inducing 2001 Pontiac Trans Am. Did I mention it’s gold? Oh, be jealous.
11. I can my own jams (with a lot of help) :).
12. I have two coupon binders and I store back issues of coupons in a magazine holder.
13. I have a price-chart in one of my coupon binders of the rock-bottom prices of our most-used items.
14. My parents stopped paying for things a long, long time ago.
15. I cook from scratch for nearly every meal.
16. Going to yard sales is my favorite way to spend a Saturday morning.
17. I don’t have a credit card (although we are paying one off).
18. My current profession? Stay at home mom.
19. Deals at the drugstores make my heart beat faster.
20. I am happy with my life. :)
What about you? Am I alone out there or do you see yourself in any of these items? Do you feel different from some of your high school and college friends? I’m so curious to know!
Oh, and I promise I really am a fun person! Feel free to back me up if you know me IRL! hahahahaha