1. I said last Monday I wanted to lose a pound a week (so 4 pounds total) before Thanksgiving, and this week I lost……………
Now before you think I’ve been counting calories like a crazy woman, you should probably know that I randomly got pretty sick on Tuesday night and therefore had no desire to eat on Wednesday and I think my stomach has subsequently shrunk a little (you know what I mean, right?). Anyway, I’m excited that I’m halfway to my mini-goal!
My mom ordered some Zumba dvds that should be arriving this week for us to do, so hopefully that will help me lose another pound to stay on track. Two of you said you were on board with the weight-loss thing – how did you do, girls?! Comment or e-mail me if you’d like! Let me tell ya: knowing I had to come on here and post what I’d lost made me seriously analyze every calorie that entered my mouth this week – definitely a good thing. :)
2. Although, to be honest, I totally made an allotment for my salted caramel hot cocoa on Saturday night date night. I’ve only had 3 in the last 4 weeks. That’s not that bad, right?! I seriously can’t.get.enough. Perfection.
3. I am so thankful to have the chance to attend a wonderful Moms group in this area. On Friday, I got home and started changing Luke’s diaper and realized the nursery worker had put it on backwards. I’m not complaining; I actually think it’s hilarious. But seriously, we’ve all done it at least once!
And it got me thinking - why in the world do they not just put “front” and “back” on diapers?! Like the kid really can see Elmo on his butt! haha
4. This is the last week of big-time stress for the house. Our buyer has until Thursday to get her inspections completed. Septic passed (thank God!) and she’s just waiting on the water. Assuming that the water passes, we’ll be heading to PA this weekend, just the two of us, to have a hard-core packing weekend. I feel major mom-guilt for leaving Luke with my parents, but it is just a million times faster if we don’t have to worry about being quiet for his naps and bringing his special food, etc., etc. Friends are coming to help us pack, but we’re not going to church or spending time visiting or anything. It’s a “git her done” type deal. (That’s my three years of living in NEPA for you! hahahahaha) Hopefully we will be able to get the whole house done, and then when we return for Thanksgiving weekend all we’ll have to do is load the boxes into the U-Haul and then CLOSE on the 29th!
I keep having recurring dreams/nightmares about the house and buying our next one. I will be sooooooooooooooo happy when the 29th has come and gone!
5. I’m not trying to skip over Thanksgiving, because it truly is my favorite. BUT, I saw this link on another blog and I had to share: I absolutely, positively LOVE this advent chain! It is SO cute! Totally doing this next year....or whenever it is that Luke will get it. :)
Image via my.hgtv.com
Of course, there’s always Carrie’s advent calendar, which is also ridiculously fabulous. I can’t decide which one I like better! P.S. If you’re not reading Buzzings of a Queen Bee, I strongly recommend that you do. Carrie has exceptional taste and creativity – her blog is one of my absolute favorites!
Image via buzzingsofaqueenbee.blogspot.com
Okay, wow, I feel that this has been sufficiently random! Happy Monday! :)