Stephanie at A Day in the Life of a Grad Student’s Wife tagged me in this fun 8-question meme. Here are my answers to her questions!
1. If you had an extra $200 bucks, what would you do with it?
Buy a decaf, non-fat pumpkin-spice latte from Starbucks, then spend it clothes/shoes shopping. I rarely buy myself brand-new clothes – it’s hard to do on the lunch-money budget! :) Or maybe blow it all on an amazing massage. It’s a crapshoot. :)
2. What color in the crayon box are you?
This question makes me laugh, but if I had to choose, I’d probably say a nice, deep brown. You know, traditional, comforting, goes with everything, the color of coffee and dark chocolate….. :)
3. What's your favorite thing to daydream about?
Decorating my next house (all.the.time.) and being 10 or 15 pounds skinnier! haha
4. If you had extra time and the desire to, where would you volunteer?
I heard once about people volunteering in a NICU to hold foster babies that can’t be placed with families yet due to health restrictions. They hold and cuddle the babies (the whole touch-therapy idea). I think that would be incredibly rewarding and fulfilling – plus you send them back to the nurses when they have a dirty diaper! :)
5. What's your favorite snack food?
Mmmmm…..the morning cookie, plain raw almonds, or sharp cheddar cheese and pepperoni. Oh wait no, just kidding – fresh veggies and dip. Yum.
6. What song(s) always puts you in a great mood?
“Chicken Fried” by Zac Brown Band is the first one that came to mind. Probably because it’s one of the rare songs on the radio that me and DH agree on, and if it comes on we stop talking, turn it up, and start singing. :)
7. What's your favorite scary movie (totally stole that line from Scream ha ha!)
I hate scary movies! lol I never watch them.
8. What's your idea of the perfect day?
Hmmmm….Thanksgiving, to me, is pretty much the perfect day, but I guess it’s a holiday so it doesn’t count, right? A beautiful fall morning in early October; Luke lets us sleep in til about 8. I wake up to find Starbucks’ perfect oatmeal and a pumpkin-spice latte on my kitchen table. :) After hitting up a yard sale or two, I go to get my nails done. We spend the afternoon with Luke at a pumpkin farm or apple orchard, laughing with him and taking lots of pictures (he doesn’t cry or poop all day, obvi). We come home, leave him with my parents for the evening, and Chris and I get dressed up to go out on the town together, since time alone is a rarity these days. That’s pretty much my perfect day! :)
Here are my questions for you!
1. What’s your favorite holiday, and why?
2. If you had a candy jar, what would be filling it regularly?
3. What month of the year is your favorite?
4. Which of the chefs on the Food Network would you want to cook you dinner, and what would you ask them to make you?
5. What store would you love get a $50 gift card to?
6. What’s your favorite way to pamper yourself?
7. What color are your toenails painted right now?
8. If you could live in one other state besides where you live now, what would you choose? (Or what would be your second choice?)
This was fun! No pressure, girls – just something fun if you have writer’s block one day! Can’t wait to see your answers! :)
Image credit: http://crazyagnus.wordpress.com/