In the beginning of January I shared my goals for the year and said I’d revisit them in June – here they are, with my progress on each one!
1. Lose 7 pounds by March 1st and 7 more (reaching my goal weight) by June 1st. - I have lost 11 pounds since January; almost there! (Although now I can’t decide if I want to lose an additional 5; I’ll decide when I lose the last three. haha)
2. Be more engaged in prayer. – This is a huge work in progress for me but I have been consciously redirecting my thoughts when I find them wandering.
3. Continue working out at least 4 days a week. – I fell off the bandwagon with this a few months ago, and I have begun working out three times a week again since last week. So far so good. lol
1. $300/month on groceries (this includes formula and baby food) and $200/month on household (this includes diapers, wipes, and other baby needs), with the goal of reducing these numbers drastically by the end of the year. – Since I started Somersizing and trying to eat cleaner, our grocery expenses have drastically increased. I’ve been couponing and CVS-ing like crazy though, so I’ve managed to bring our household/grocery account down to $480 a month as opposed to $500. It’s not a ton, but it’s something!
2. Cut household waste and find even more ways to save money. – We are super diligent about turning off lights, all of our lights (except in the dining room) are energy efficient, we try not to ever waste food, and I use cold water for laundry when I can. Plus, we got a dishwasher, which we paid for with our tax return. Our utility bills have been getting lower! Yay!
3. Find ways to substitute homemade foods for convenience foods. - Um, yes. :)
4. Make $300 via consignment shops and the flea market. I made $164 at the flea market, $35 at a yard sale, and a total of $125 so far via consignment shops (with more to come throughout the year). So I reached my goal!!!!!
5. Find some other ways to bring in money besides subbing part-time. - I teach voice lessons to a girl from my church, and I have been so thankful to have two women willing to advertise on my blog. Whether they remain as advertisers or not, their money helped pay for things we needed and I am so grateful!
Luke asleep on my BIL at a wedding this past Saturday. :)
1. Sleep train Luke. - We’ve done this about three times (and those were weeks from you-know-where, let me tell you!) and our child still is not a great sleeper. I’ve kinda resigned myself to this fact, as much as I hate it. Currently he goes to bed between 7:15 and 7:30 and sleeps “through the night” but wakes up anywhere from 4:15-5:45. It’s exhausting but we’ve tried everything we’ve heard and can think of. He just hates sleep!
2. Get Luke on a routine that works for both of us. - Besides the sleeping issue, we do have a solid routine that he has come to depend on. Although I can already see that routine getting tweaked a little as he nears his 1-year birthday.
So, how about you guys?! Have you been able to keep your resolutions? Do you have any that are similar to mine?